Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are these "real" appraisals?
A: No, this is a "best guess" appraisal from members of our community. We realize that many of the items that people would like to know the value of have no other choice than to pay someone to appraise it for them. These appraisals can be costly, and the majority of the time, not worth the time or hassle. JasonsJunk.com is a great first step in determining whether or not your antique or collectible is worth having appraised. If after posting your antique or collectible, it appears that your item is rather valuable, it would be in your best interest to have it professionally appraised.
Q: How do I post my own antique or collectible to be appraised?
A: Posting your antiques and collectibles is really easy. You don’t even have to register to use the site, everything can be done anonymously if you so choose.
Here are the steps to get started:
1. Click on “Post An Item”.
2. “Appraisal and Identification” will be automatically selected.
3. Click on the “Submit” button.
4. Select the best-fit category for your antique or collectible from the category drop-down list.
5. Input all of the relevant information, then select the “Browse” button to select the photographs that you would like to upload to the website.
6. Once you are done, click the “Submit” button.
All of your items will be uploaded to the website (this may take a while depending on how large your photographs are). Once your items are uploaded, you will be redirected to the page containing your antique or collectible.
Q: What are the benefits of registering on JasonsJunk.com as opposed to not registering and posting my items anonymously?
A: If you register as a user of JasonsJunk.com instead of using our anonymous feature, there are many other useful features that will be available to you.
- You can edit your posting.
- You can receive emails of all replies to your postings.
- You can mark other items that are posted, so that you can be notified of any updates.
- You can contact other members.
- Among many other things that are fun and useful!
Q: How can I view a larger photograph of the items that are posted?
A: Click the "Supersize Image" link that is below each photograph."
Q: Are there any size limitations to the photographs that I would like to post on JasonsJunk.com?
A: No, you can upload small files or large files. All of your photographs will be optimized to a different size once they are posted. The "supersize" photograph will be optimally adjusted for 1024 x 768 viewing. Even though there are no restrictions on file size, your photographs will upload more quickly if you adjust them prior to posting. Also remember that any image adjustments or cropping done prior to posting will bring out more details in your photographs.