1. Protecting your privacy
* We don't run banner ads, pop ups, or pop unders.
* We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
* We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
* We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
* We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
* We offer anonymous posting, to reduce 3rd party email harvesting & spam.
* Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
* Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
* JasonsJunk does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If JasonsJunk learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, JasonsJunk will remove that post.
* JasonsJunk, or people who post on JasonsJunk, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
* We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
* We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on JasonsJunk's that you expect to keep private.
* Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the JasonsJunk site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
* All postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
* Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
* Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of JasonsJunk postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with JasonsJunk - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available JasonsJunk postings
5. Circumstances in which JasonsJunk may release information
* JasonsJunk may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
* JasonsJunk may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of JasonsJunk, its users or the general public.
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of JasonsJunk we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.